Information is easy to come by. In fact, more often than not, we’re drowning in it. But we know that our clients aren’t satisfied with just being informed about their customers. They want to know what’s relevant, understand how their brand fits into customer’s lives, pick up on influences and inferences. They want to be consumer fluent.
Fluency is our way of thinking about, engaging with and understanding consumers. When you’re consumer fluent, you understand the elements that determine how a consumer perceives and categorizes your product. You can gauge whether they are identifying with your message as a millennial, as a mom, or as a marathon runner. You know the specific experiences they lean on to evaluate a recent shopping trip.
But how do you get consumer fluent?
Rooted in key elements of cognitive psychology – perception, experience and identity – and informed by our learnings from more than 200,000 consumer conversations, ThoughtPath is the framework for everything we do. Because it taps into how people naturally think, it’s our guide to asking smarter, more engaging questions, and the lens we use to analyze consumer dialogue. Here’s what it does:
- Improves recall: Consumers accurately recall experiential details when we transport them back to specific situations, triggering recall of senses, emotions, and environmental details
- Increases accuracy: When we ask questions using ThoughtPath, consumers understand what we’re after. So much so that we have 50% less respondent confusion than questions asked without this cognitive framework.
- Shows what stands out: Our approach unearths what gets noticed, how it’s categorized, whether it fits a need, and how inferences might impact the path to purchase
- Maps consumer profiles: We can determine how relevant a brand or product is for specific consumer profiles by mapping who they are and how they want to be perceived in the world
- Elicits authentic feedback: Questions are carefully framed in a way that facilitates natural, step-by-step input from consumers.
- Neutralizes resistance on complex and sensitive topics: Our relatable and highly-personalized questions sequences makes it easier for consumer to speak about these challenging issues candidly and accurately.
The ThoughtPath Difference
Check out how conversations guided by ThoughtPath compare to those constructed without a cognitive framework.